Monday, April 8, 2013


Bob Marley Pen & Ink Wash

This piece is an 8x10" pen and ink wash on paper. Finally broke out my dipping pens with nibs for this one. First go at it felt great, but I've got a lot of learning to do when it comes to control with a nib pen. I've got to say, I love the scratching sound of the nib on paper, and the sound of the pen hitting the glass of the inkwell every time you dip the pen. Nip pens just demand loser drawing, at least for me. So hopefully with more practice I'll loosen up even more. Sorry for the terrible quality of the photograph. I forgot to take a picture before I framed it, so the glare on the glass made it hard to get a clear shot.



Nip Pens

Time to start experimenting with different nibs. There are a ton to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment