Friday, March 14, 2014


The Perfect Ink

My search for the thickest ink

You can see and purchase prints of my work 
in my Etys shop at: 

4 different Inks. Pro Art, Speedball, Yasutomo Sumi Fueki , and Yasutomo Sumi
All Photos by Veronica Fish

A lot of artists have written asking me about the ink I use for my black backgrounds. After trying a bunch of different inks I have finally found an ink that I like best. It's Pro-Art India Ink. Its the darkest, thickest, most waterproof ink I have come across so far. It's very inexpensive and can be found online or in most art stores.

If you want to read more about each of these inks, click the link below and go to Veronica Fish's blog entry on "Comic Art Supplies-Ink Reviews. She does an excellent job comparing them and giving the pros and cons of each. I also want to give her credit for these wonderful photographs. Thanks Veronica for your permission to post them!!

http://veronicahebs.blogspot.com/2012/01/comic-art-supplies-ink-reviews.html


Side by Side Darkness test

Side by side waterproof test



Follow Tim Jeffs Art!




No comments:

Post a Comment